Our Lifetime Structural Warranty
Majestic Wide Plank, is dedicated to providing our clients with solid and engineered wood flooring of superior quality and exclusive design. We hand crafting each wooden plank and guarantee our product to be free of milling defects, delimitation, and improper grading for the lifetime of the floor.
Our Lifetime Finish Warranty
We guarantee that our Oil finish will not crack, flake, peel or blister for the lifetime of the floor.It is water-repellent, dirt-resistant, and washable and is resistant even to excessive wear and most liquid spills. Our oil finished floors must be maintained in order to provide maximum protection and luster and are meant to be periodically re-oiled. When properly cared for, our Oil finished floors will provide you with years of beauty and enjoyment.
Installer / Home Owner
At Majestic Wide Plank, each and every wooden plank is subject to rigorous quality inspection throughout the manufacturing process. Our wood flooring is manufactured to exceed the established industry quality standards that permit a grading variance and defect tolerance of up to 5%. The installer/homeowner is considered to be the final inspector of milling, grade, and finish and will take full responsibility. The installer/homeowner must use common sense when installing, when in doubt leave it out. Any wooden plank that is installed will be considered accepted by Installer/Homeowner, and will not be subject to claim or replacement. In the unlikely event of a flawed wooden plank that appears after installation, Majestic Wide Plank may, at its discretion, provide replacement of the material only.
Before installing your Majestic Wide Plank product, the installer must verify the installation environment, installation methods and subfloors involved meet or exceed all the requirements specified by National Wood Flooring Association installation guidelines.
The Majestic Wide Plank warranty does not cover; indentations, scratches or damages caused by improper handling, installation, water, negligence, flooding, fire, furniture, shoes of all types, pebbles, sand and other abrasives, pets, insects, further more, Majestic Wide Plank will not Warranty product that is faulty from installation, neglect, extreme environmental conditions, or improper storage of product.The subfloor is the responsibility of the installer. Failure of Majestic Wide Plank’s solid or engineered wood flooring, relating to improper installation or job site conditions, is not covered by the warranty.
The installer/homeowner is responsible to inspect wooden planks prior to installation. Majestic Wide Plank accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when boards with visible defects have been installed. Natural wood characteristics such as variations, reclaim scaring, wormholes, character impressions and not limited to, mineral streaks, grain, and knots are not considered defects.
You may encounter mild colour variations from board to board, or when replacing damaged boards with new product due to age, species and exposure to ultraviolet sunlight. Also normal exposure to sunlight will cause fading/darkening to any floor depending on the species of the floor. Area rugs should be moved occasionally as they block sunlight and may give the appearance of the floor discolouring under the rug; this discolouring is not considered a product defect and is not covered under the warranty.
Small cracks or damages that develop from improper humidification or dehumidification, improper moisture control, flooding, and excessive drying will not be covered by the warranty. Expansion and contraction of a wood floor with the changing of the seasons is a normal effect which is not covered by this warranty. Optimum recommended temperature is 68°F – 72°F , (18-22ºC) and relative humidity is 40% - 55%. The use of a humidifier is strongly recommended.
Regular Damp Mopping
Whenever damp mopping oil or hard wax oil finished wood plank floors, we recommend the use of natural soap. Formulated for regular cleaning of oil finished wood flooring, it will maintain and protect your floor, adding years of visual enjoyment to your home.
Follow these steps for cleaning your floor with natural soap:
1. Natural soap is only used when damp mopping the wood floor. For daily cleaning, a dry vacuum or broom should be used for removing dust, loose debris etc. Damp mopping with natural soap is designed to remove caked on dirt, stains etc. How often you clean your floor with soap, will depend on the amount of traffic your flooring endures.
2. Mix 125 ml of natural soap into 5 litres of lukewarm water – we recommend that you always work with 2 buckets: one with the soap mixture and one with just water for rinsing mop.
3. Always wring out a mop, so that minimal water goes on the floor. Mop in a length-wise fashion with the planks and briefly leave on the mixture to help dissolve caked on dirt and grime.
4. Rinse the mop with clean water, ensure the mop is hard-wrung and mop back over the floor removing the dirty soap water from the floor. Avoid leaving excess water on the floor.
For more information on our cleaning and care products for your floor, please feel free to contact us.
• Never use tape or other adhesive products on the floor's surface.
• Attach proper floor protectors on moveable furniture that sit directly on the floor.
• Caster wheeled chairs should have wide casters and a protective mat should be used under office chairs.
• Keep pet nails trimmed and filed in order to minimize excessive wear.
• Place high-quality floor mats and area rugs near outside entrances to prevent dirt, sand and other unwanted substances from being tracked directly onto the flooring. Also, if you have wood flooring in your kitchen, a throw rug with a soft or felt backing should be placed in front of the sink area to catch spills and splashes.
• Avoid non-ventilated mats or rugs such as those that are rubber backed.
• Wipe up spills and spots immediately using natural soap spray
• Avoid leaving an excessive water when cleaning with natural soap. Always dry mop after cleaning.
• Do not use ammonia or oil-based wax, polish, household dust treatment chemicals, abrasive cleaners or furniture cleaners to clean your floor.
• Excessive moisture should be avoided (wet shoes, umbrellas left on floor etc) as it can cause swelling and discolouration.
• Always use a damp/well wrung out mop when carrying out care & cleaning procedures.
• Always use two buckets – one for the care product and the other for clean water, (change when dirty) to rinse the mop. Do not pour out the soapy water on the floor!
• Do not use micro-fibre cloths/mops.
• Never clean the floor with only water.
• Maintain adequate humidity levels in the room. Use a humidifier or dehumidifier, if necessary. Optimum recommended temperature is 68°F – 72°F and relative humidity is 40% - 55%.
• Periodically check for signs of surface wear of the floor.
• When signs of wear are visible, it is time to rejuvenate your floors.
Wood floors are susceptible to slight colour change/fading when exposed to intense sunlight. Limit exposure through the use of drapes, or other window treatments to protect your floor from excessive light. Rotate your rugs and furniture to help ensure that the colour of the floor remains even as it gradually ages.
Like all natural wood products, plank floor systems expands and contracts in response to fluctuations in temperature and humidity.By controlling the environment, maintaining an adequate temperature and relative humidity, you will minimize the visible effects of seasonal contraction and expansion of your floor. Optimum recommended temperature is 68°F – 72°F and relative humidity is 40% - 55%.In very dry climates, the use of a humidifier is recommended.
Majestic Wide Plank Engineered Wood Floors, are ideally suited for sub-surface heating systems. A surface temperature of 29° Celsius must not be exceeded by either hot water or electrical heating systems. The use of temperature indicators is absolutely necessary.Caution: Placing items requiring large floor space such as large furniture, low Futon beds, heavy carpets, over a heated floor surface, one risks trapping the heat. This will invariably result in overheating! Screeds need to be dried out according to their standard before the installation of the floor.
We suggest that the floor is covered with paper or cardboard, post installation, to prevent wear and dirt penetration due to construction. DO NOT, tape paper or cardboard to the surface of the floor. NEVER use plastic. It will not allow the floor to breathe.Floor covering is generally performed by the installer.
If you need to repair damage to the floor due to scratches or tough dirt/stains, please contact Majestic Wide Plank, for specific instructions or to have a professional come in and do it for you.Majestic Wide Plank / 1.705.796-7191 / firstname.lastname@example.org/ www.majesticwideplank.com
The contents of this Website may not be reproduced, copied, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form including but not limited to, electronic, print, or by any other means, without the prior written permission of the company "herein", referred to as Majestic Wide Plank. Distribution of, display or copying of any contents of pages contained in this Website, including, but not limited to, "catching" of materials on this Website for access by third parties and "mirroring" any material on this Website is strictly prohibited.
The information contained "herein" is for information purposes only.Without exception and in perpetuity, we; our shareholders, representatives, assignees and without limitation to the foregoing any persons or entity acting on, or behalf of Majestic Wide Plank, do not accept liability of any description, including liability for negligence, any damages or losses, (including and without limitation, loss of business, revenue, profits, or consequential loss) whatsoever, resulting from use of, or inability to use this Website. Majestic Wide Plank makes no warranty that this Website, or any link contained within this Website, is free from computer viruses, or any other malicious or impairing computer coding, programs or entities.
While every effort is made for accuracy and content of the pages contained in this Website, it may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. The information in these pages may at times be out of date and may be updated from time to time for copyright information accuracy. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information in these pages up to date or any liability as a result of any failure to do so.
This Website may contain material submitted and created by third parties. Majestic Wide Plank does not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy of any third party material contained on this Website or the reliability of the access to this website.This Website may contain links to other websites. Majestic Wide Plank provides these links for your convenience and is not responsible for the content of those sites nor does it necessarily endorse the material on those sites. Users link to "other sites" at their own risk in accordance with the terms and conditions of use of said "other sites". Majestic Wide Plank excludes all liability, without restriction and in perpetuity, for any illegality arising from an error, omission or inaccuracy in such material.
Unless otherwise specified the contents of this site, without limitation, are protected by copyright © 2015 by Majestic Wide Plank.